We went to the lake house this weekend for spring cleaning/maintenance. It actually could've been pretty relaxing if it wasn't for our little monkey, Kate. The first evening there, we decided to take a hike through snake infested, knee-deep leaves. Grandma lead the way with her big stick, stabbing the ground to scare the snakes away, and we followed single-file behind her. It was so exciting. It was actually quite an up-hill trudge. Kate would hardly accept any help. She pulled her hand away and marched right on with the big girls. She'd trip over big sticks and before she even hit the ground she'd yell, "otay!", get up and keep going. She loved it.
Well, there are also 50 trillion stairs at the lake, and she would love for me to not hold her hand ever and let her barrel on down them. Anyway, we think she's awesome.
I'll post pictures when I get around to it.
Oh, and since I was sick the day we left for the lake, I did the mimimum necessary to get us out the door. I prepared food and packed the bags. A dirty house actually nauseates me, I guess, because when we came home I got sick again. I finally made myself clean most of the house this morning. I feel much better. :)
2 comments:
wow I can't wait to see her. sorry you feel sick. hope I don't make you throw up.
Making yourself do things or surviving until nap time makes me sad. Glad you had an awesome, though exhausting, weekend. With this baby coming in Nov, if it's a boy he'll be in the perfect season for BOXES of clothes!
Post a Comment