Saturday, April 24, 2010

The girls nearly gave me a heart attack.

Yesterday, while I was feeding Lola, Claire and Kate went out into the backyard to swing. I thought, "ah, this is so nice. I'll feed Lola in peace and quite while they're out having good, safe fun." I was enjoying my quiet time for just a few minutes and decided to peak out and check on them. They were no longer on the swings and no one was on the trampoline. They weren't watering their flowers or drawing with chalk. It was very quiet. My heart dropped and I ran to see that the gate was wide open. For some of you folks in your small town, maybe it's okay for your kids to run around in the front yard, but we don't do that here. I ran with Lola in my arms and my hideous jammy pants on out to the front yard where I heard their happy giggles and saw two ballarina dressed girls sitting on top of Nathan's car that was parked in the street. I was so relieved to see them, though pushing in the roof of Nathan's car. It looked like they were probably making some great memories and having a ball up there. I plucked them off of the car and told them what I thought they already knew (but I guess not), that they may not go to the front yard without an adult, nor could they climb on top of the vehicles.

And hey, I'm actually doing some of the things that I put on my list of goals I wanted to accomplish this year. I finished my paintings for Lola's room and now I'm working on roman shade curtain things for the girls' room. I'll post those later. I still have to paint the walls of Lola's room before I can hang her pictures. I jumped right on ahead and did the painting project that's actually fun. She's just napping so often, and when she's awak I need to, you know, take care of her. It's a little tricky. I just need to set up the pack 'n play in my room for about a week.

Well, Riley's got a really sore throat, she's cold, she can't breath through her nose ,and her tummy hurts. She's moaning right now. Everyone I know has strep throat, so I'm praying that's not the case in our home. But I think this is a little more than the just-need-to-poo tummy ache and the just-need-to-stop-screaming sore throat. We'll see.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awe poor Riley. I can take her to the doc to get that awesome strep shot if you want.