Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big long story of my life

This is what I emptied from Kate's dress pocket after school.  She brings home a collection of treasures like this almost every day from the school playground.  She just loves junk and thinks all of it could make something lovely, like the story below...

Kate and Lola stayed with my parents this weekend while we went to a wedding in KS.  As we were driving to KS I got a call that went like this.


Me: "Hey Dad, what's up?"
Papa: "Heeeey.  We're at Urgent Care.  Kate put a washer on her finger and we can't get it off.  I need you to tell this lady that you approve of them trying to get it off of her finger."
Me: "Put a what?  Okay....Yes, I approve...Put a what?"
Papa:  "A washer, you know, like not a nut, but a washer."
Nathan: "Just tell them to cut it off.  I would just cut it off."
....
We kept driving to KS and I got these pictures texted to me.
 I cried and prayed for Kate.
They tried the string method, the tape method, and cutting it off (the washer) method.  The washer was pretty big and no one had a big enough tool to cut through it.
At urgent care they said, "You need to go to the children's ER where the big guys are.  Maybe they can cut it off."
So on the way to the ER Kate, so pitiful and resigned to her lot, says, "I know they have to cut it off, but will it grow back?"  HA! She thought they would cut off her finger.  Poor, sad girl.
She was most upset that she would have to wear it to church the next day and wear it until she died.

After a few hours of trying all of my dads ideas, they eventually numbed it and the doctor pulled on it for 10 minutes before it finally slipped off.  But seriously, if you ever get a washer stuck on your finger, maybe just go to Lowe's and get some big cutters and cut it off.  Everything they tried was my Dad's suggestion.  I guess this situation kind of threw them for a loop.

Meanwhile, we were at our cousin's wedding.

The weather was incredibly perfect for the outdoor reception.

We were all happy about special drinks. :)
 Claire is awesomely hilarious.  They were both so pumped to get to hang out with cousin Sheridan.

They danced like crazies.  

Seriously, I laughed a lot.  They gave it their all.  Riley and Sheridan choreographed these chest jutting, hilariously, halfway crude dance moves.  Oh, I was tired from laughing.


And this morning, we bathed the girls before school and I decided to trim them all.  Even, the dear, glorious Lola hair.  It really was out of control.  She would always be pushing it out of the way and say, "Uhhhh! There's so much hair!"  So I straightened up the back for her.  It hurt my heart because I don't know if it will ever curl quite the same.

Before.

 After.  Not a huge difference. Just less scraggly.

And now, look at this mess.  I just finished sanding 8 drawers, first with 100 grit, then with 220.  It was about 45 minutes of straight hand vibration.  My fingers are hardly able to type.

Well, this has been a good break.  Now I must prime.


1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

this was the best post! I didn't realize Riley and Claire went too. They are so funny. I cried when dad sent me that picture as well... and then I showed all my friends.