Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Claire is an artist in many ways.  She dresses herself eclectically.  She draws super well.  And she makes pancakes into bows and flowers. :)


Okay, Nathan's engineers got him this going-away present (He has recently switched jobs):  Half a pound of Civet Poop Coffee.  He is known at the office as the only guy who brings his own coffee bean grinder, beans, and coffee press.  I guess you're a coffee snob if you don't like typical office coffee.

Well, this stuff tastes pretty good, and it was a generous gift from the engineers, but if you follow the link up there, it takes you to a sad article and a video at the bottom.  The poor civets.  And now I'm sad they bought it for us.  But I'm not afraid to finish the 1/4 pound that's left.  
So, just in case you ever thought you'd pay the outrageous price for pooped coffee beans, maybe rethink that.  Or, if you want to try some let me know and I'll invite you over before we grind it up.

While Nathan has switched jobs, we are both adjusting to this change.  He has to leave the house an hour earlier.  So the last hour of getting ready for school is up to me, which has really been fine, because we're all waking up much earlier, so we find ourselves with 30 extra minutes in the morning to do more homework, reading, or piano.  And he'll have every other Friday off.  Fun Fun!

I just think this is funny.  I saw an "inspirational" quote on a chalk board on Pinterest and thought it sounded poetic (in a simple, shallow, fruity way).  It was laughable to me for some reason, and I also secretly like it while I laugh at it.  "Be AS You wish to SEEM." Except that the word "seem" means I will just try to be a way that I want to appear, but not be the way I want to be.  But "be as you wish to be" doesn't sound as good.  I put it on my chalkboard wall and laughed.  Nathan laughed at it and drew the flowery embellishments.  BTYBD means brought to you by Dad.  
It is a "try hard" theology, but trying is better than not.  I'll leave it up. :)

 This may look like a carrot cake with cream cheese icing.  But it's not your typical cake, because we wouldn't eat such things for breakfast, and we did eat this for breakfast.
You'll be able to read the recipe by clicking on the picture.  It should enlarge.
Instead of the flax and water fake egg I used 2 real eggs.  I did put in flax too.
It's a healthy muffin recipe that I was too lazy to put into a muffin tin, so we poured it into a casserole dish and made a cake.  
And then I just had to make some cream cheese "icing".  I mixed half a block of cream cheese with one stick of butter and only a few tablespoons of powdered sugar, just to barely sweeten it.  
Maybe you should eat this for your Easter breakfast. :)

No comments: