So I'm talking to you.
We're having enchiladas tonight. I always make a pile of fresh tomato pico de gallo to help the heavy dish have some freshness. Kate has been known to cry if her meal isn't simultaneously "warm AND fresh". She loves fresh things.
Picture a tiny someone with very sad eyes brimming with tears, occasionally choking up, dramatically saying, "I was really hoping for a dinner that was warm AND fresh." She gets lots of hugs, and fresh food.
Anyway, on enchilada days my dread of de-seeding and slicing 22 romas begins right now (while I'm still finishing my coffee). I like to get this task over as soon as possible so I can look forward the the rest of my day. Chopping is such a stand-for-a-long-time thing.
So, there's my complaint for the day. :)
The Blackberry Trifle with custard and coconut oil-almond pound cake (link to recipe is in the last post), I believe, was utterly delicious. However, I made the recipe "half again" (Not doubled. Do you know what I mean? Is that the best way to say it? One and a halved).
So there was a trifle dish and then a second small trifle made with the overflow from the first trifle. Well, people dug into the small, overflow trifle first, and left an entire large trifle for us to take home. I always over-make.
I celebrate and mourn simultaneously. You can't just throw this stuff away! You have to eat it. I have to. And so I will. I will gain 3 lbs from it too. Ah well.
It's a testing week for the big girls, so it's a no homework week! Feels like vacation. The kids play outside all afternoon/evening. It is as life should be.
Alright, grocery store time.
No comments:
Post a Comment