Okay, Shannon wants to know how I'm doing. I guess I haven't shared that for a while because all I had to share was complaining, and I didn't want to do that. There was just a rough couple of weeks there with Nathan traveling and me sick with a nose problem and nausea and weariness that comes with pregnancy. And kids that miss their dad and kids that still need me to wipe their poo and fix their food. I hardly cleaned the house. I didn't exercise. Of course, that gets you down to have a messy house and a sloppy body. I gained 5lbs in two weeks. I was just nauseous enough to need to munch constantly and just tired enough to have no energy to work out. But not so nauseous that I was in danger of vomiting, so I'm not super sick like some women get. I could have it worse, so I'm grateful for that. I was just tired and hopeless enough (knowing I was the only parent for a while) to have no motivation to get out of the house with the kids.
So I went downhill there for a bit, but things are back up. My nose problem is almost completely gone, which really helps my nauseousness. I think my lack of energy was very much psychological. When Nathan came back home I came back to life. He watched the kids so I could rest, then I was able to work out.
As I was dragging my growing body into the gym the other day and just coming out of my depths of despair, a sweet old man was coming in behind us and started telling me how fit I was and what a good job I'd done not letting myself go after having all those kids. Boy, did that make my day.
My tummy is really poking out there. I'm just 9 1/2 weeks, and I'm testing the limits of my non-maternity shirts. I'm going to be a monster with #4. All those muscles are just going to take up where they left off and stretch a little further this time. It makes me want to clutch my gut just thinking about it.
Kate doesn't call Nathan Daddy anymore, she calls him Dab. I love it. She says, Monny, Dab, Ridey, Cayee and calls herself Tay. I'll be sad the day she starts saying them correctly.
2 comments:
thank you. that's nice to hear.
you made me clutch my stomach too.
I'm glad to hear you are doing beter. That first trimester is tough isn't it? Let us know if you need to get out and we can meet you for a lunch that doesn't make you sick:) You can always just come over here and let the girls play!
Post a Comment