No big news today, or any too funny stories. Just touching base with all my fans out there. Haha, fans.
Kate is making 54 baby snakes with her playdough. Claire is wrapping "presents" for Lola's birthday party (which is 7 1/2 months away) and making invitations and party hats.
In spite of my no-sugar season of life, I made orange brownies with orange icing so Claire could have something to stir yesterday. These are some of my favorite brownies ever. And I'm NOT eating them. Be very proud of me.
Last night, after we got the kids in bed (it was 9 by the time Lola was down), Nathan challened me to join him in his P90X workout. It was a legs and back session. Pull-ups and lunges mostly. By 10 I got in the shower and then fell into bed. Just as I was dozing off I heard Riley clambering down her ladder and running to the bathroom. I got up to check on her. Oh, I shouldn't tell this story and embarrass her...anyway, somehow she didn't make it in time. She stepped in it and got it on the rug and then proceded to nearly throw up. So then it was after 11 by the time we were back in bed.
Sometimes when I look at the coffee pot I feel such a warm, fuzzy feeling. It's kind of like the same feeling I get when I walk past my bedroom door during the day and catch a glempse of my bed. Oh wonderful bed, I will lie on you soon.
Well, I think I'll surprise Nathan and mud the kitchen walls today. He has so much lighting work to do, it would be a month before he gets to it. He did get the fan up in the front living room. It's so great to have real lighting in there. But he has 6 holes to cut in the plaster ceiling in the kitchen. No fun.
Oh yes, one more story. Dave and Alyson (my sister and her husband) passed on a princess toddler bed for Kate. Dave brought it one evening and when the girls woke up the next morning they were gasping and squeeling. Kate thought Nathan made it for her. Once we got a mattress and sheets on it, Kate went to hug Nathan and said, "I love my new bed. I know I can count on you, Daddy." It was hilariously sweet.
3 comments:
coffee and sleep are wonderful and your are welcome to send those brownies my way :)
I'm a fan so I'm glad you posted. I love that Claire is already preparing for Lola's bday. What a thoughtful girl :)
I told Shannon, today when I drank coffee, my stomach started hurting. I will be so sad if I have to stop having coffee. It gives me hope when I wake up in the morning. I know, I'm a wimp. Do I have four kids who need attention? No. You're a trooper. But, I do love coffee though.
So, I have a favorite coffee mug. Two, actually. My favorite favorite is one that Spencer brought me from Mexico a few years ago. Its hand made and just awesome. The other one came with flowers in it when Charis was born and holds 12oz. Love it. Anyway, sometimes the warm fuzzy feeling I have for coffee is so intense that I can't bear to drink my precious out of the mugs from the dentist office or one that has a sewing machine picture on it - you know? So, to maintain the warm coffee fuzzies I have to search the house to find an appropriate mug, because, around here...well...you never know where you're going to find your favorite mug. Anyhow, by the time I find and invariably wash the mug, the longing for a good cup of coffee has intensified to the extent that nobody better dare get in my way or finish off the coffee before I get back to it. You never know how many are drinking the coffee around here either.
I'm a fan too, like Alisha. And, like Kate, I know I can always count on Nathan :-)
Post a Comment