Whew! Just returned from the grocery store with a very crying Kate. It was the grocery store that's closest to our house but the one where it is very hard for me to find things. So we wondered in a few circles. Anyway, we're home now. It's morning movie time and I gave myself a brownie and coffee and think that all moms who take their little ones to the grocery store are my heroes. When I'm an older woman I will make a point to tell the young mom in the grocery store who is struggling whith her children what a great job she is doing. I do appreciate kind smiles. I get too many, "you poor thing" comments from disgusted faces. That makes me sad. One silly old man today said he'd had 4 boys and 3 girls and the boys were a cinch and the girls, "you can have 'em." Another man today, who has 4 teenage girls gave me his best advise, "don't give them cell phones." He said it 4 times.
Well, poor Kate has a leaking ear. Her ear drum burst 2 days ago. We'd known it was hurting her and she'd had a fever off and on for 4 days, but she hadn't been complaining all that day and then all of the sudden stuff was oozing out. It is pretty gross. I'm not sure how long it is suppozed to leak like this. I'll probably take her in tomorrow if it's still leaking. At least it isn't hurting anymore. She is a tough little girl, I tell ya. If she says something hurts, it really hurts.
Nathan and I have spider bites. We don't have holes where the flesh is rotting away, so it must not be from the horrid brown recluse. I probably won't sleep well until I get some sticky pads under the bed and catch some eight-legged things on them.
Alyson (my sister) had her 4th child, Adelle. Alyson is one of those strong women who don't get an epidural. I haven't even met the little one yet, but I shall soon. I missed going to the hospital because I was a little sick. Ange got to help with the delivery! I am SO jealous. Oh, to have been there. I cry every time I watch Birth Day or A Baby Story and I don't even know those people. What a miracle to be present for. Maybe Shannon will invite me when she has babies. :)
I pretty much feel back to my strong self. I have no idea, really, what was wrong with me. Not strep, just a huge uvula that choked me and hurt me for a few days.
Well, movie time is over, so my post is too. :)
2 comments:
when I have babies, it will be like a party.
I laughed out loud at the guy who said "don't give them cell phones." seriously. he's right. that's crazy. Poor Kate. That's terrible.
Oh my word - you definitely deserve a brownie and coffee for that :) Poor Kate - that happened to me and it was debilitating! You should take her in.
Post a Comment