Monday, January 17, 2011

All the girls are home today

Nathan's part of the girls' stage is done. I just have to make a curtain to hang before it's officially done. Before breakfast was even finished they were dancing and singing between bites. Lola followed right along. Her and her one-year-old bounce, waddle, and sway got going up there and it was too precious. I got it on video and I know we'll love watching it some day when she's all grow'd up.

Soon Riley was barking commands. Kate was to dance the sugarplum dance (which is whatever movements Kate feels are the most elegant in her blue ballerina suit). Claire was to sing a song to her king. Claire says, "if a girl sings softly, that means she cares for him." And oh, how she sang softly.
Riley, of course, made herself the queen and kept commanding them to entertain her. All the while, I got another hour of priming the den taken care of, of course this was in-between spying on them (they stop all the cute stuff when they know I'm watching). I'd say one more hour of brushing the primer and I'll be ready to roll on a couple of coats...And then I can finally start painting. Two coats of paint on the trim, and then I'll get to the walls. Maybe this summer it'll be done. :)

Lola's down to one nap a day now. She's begging for it by 11. She crawls around the house finding whatever stray sock or kleenex she can find to hold and suck her thumb, and she'll start singing, "nigh-night. nigh-night." Most of the time we just want to eat her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That transition to one nap is hard:) Poor little Lola.