That's only a small part of my feelings toward this season. We are having so much fun. I feel like a kid with my kids. It makes me wish people wouldn't look at me funny if I turned cartwheels with the girls in the Reasor's parking lot.
We have stirred recipes and crafted warrior princess garb out of streamers and staples (Kate above). We had races in the front yard last night. It makes me wish I could run for real. If Claire can get the hang of her bike without training wheels we'd be good to go. It does scare me a bit to have such a crowd in the street, but I'd like to give it a try. I actually got some running in when I only had Kate on a bike and Lola in a stroller. Kate is fast on those training wheels. If I don't run I'll lose her.
I'm just trying to keep them busy. Like cutting pita bread with scissors. Lola loves it.
Or, while Kate decorated a head band, Lola glued head bands to stuff. With lots of lovely glue. Whatever keeps them smiling like this, I like.
While Kate was in gymnastics Riley, Claire, Lola and I played catch with tennis balls in the tennis court. It made me wish I could play sports again. Oh, to be 12.
Also, the girls have already slipped into their summer habit of sleeping until 7. Now I'll be bitter when school starts back and we have to get up when it's dark.
I keep longing to do another painting or make some more curtains. I'll let you know if anything artistic happens. But so far I'm just keeping on top of the cooking and cleaning, and watering and harvesting the garden. My new favorite thing is arugula. It's so nutty/spicy and wonderful with goat cheese and citrus dressing. Do it!
Riley is going to get her hair chopped off soon to give it to locks of love. It's going to be shocking. I'll shock you with before and after pics soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment