Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The other day I got a stream of texts from sisters.  Ange had told me earlier, with a smile that Shannon had some news to share.  I immediately thought, "Welp, she's pregnant."
I just knew it was some exciting, good news.  Which it was, just a different kind of good.
So when the texts started rolling in I thought, "Here comes the exciting news I've been waiting to hear!"  I read quickly that they'd bought a house and that Alyson and Mom were crying.  I jumped to the conclusion that they were tears of joy and that Shannon and Tyler were moving back into town.  I responded with a super dramatically happy text of joy.  Then I read the texts better and realized everyone was crying tears of disappointment and that they had bought a house in MO.

Ya see, we've just all been anticipating that as the time for birthing babies grew nearer for them, that they would automatically move back to us and share their babies with us.
When things get very dramatic in my family, we start quoting Little Women.  "Will we never all be together again?"
If ever Al and I were pregnant we would say, "She's about to issue another."
So anyway...I realized my denseness, said, "Darn!" And toned down my excitement in the next text.  We were all a little bummed.


But then I clicked on over to zillow and saw their house and I had little goosebumps of excitement.  And now Shannon  is pinning paint colors and talking about teaching yoga in their sun room.  I'm just really excited for them.  I'm going to go to their house some weekend to paint some walls and bring them our changing table.

And just because blog posts are better with pictures, here's one of Brenda and Riley at baby Max's shower.  If you're awesome, you put a blue streak in your hair to match the shower theme. :)


1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

That is a sweet post! Thank you for getting goosebumps. While I drove home tonight I imagined driving to my new house. I will be so honored if you come help me paint.