Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I'll be on the verge of tears all day/week

I just dropped off all the big girls for their first day of school and I feel lonely.
Some say, "Freedom!" and I think, "I'm slightly devastated."

I always adjust, but it's a big change.  I'm usually swimming in laughs, songs, screams, pony story-lines...so much noise.  It just takes a bit to get used to the quiet.
Of course, Lola is still here, drawing a castle and a chicken delivering an egg. :)
Count on me being a basket case this time next year when she enters Kindergarten.

It's just been a really good summer.  Sometimes we (the girls and I) find ourselves just sitting around and chatting, and they say, "I just love sitting and talking like this." :)
Some day they'll drink coffee and the sitting and chatting will be out of control, and it will be even more wonderful.

I'm still taking painting lessons and trying to be an artist.  I know a few artists and they're so good.  It makes me want to take down my paintings and put them in a closet until I get that good.  How does insecurity just pounce out of nowhere?  I was so proud of my work last week.  Oh well, I'm usually pretty impatient to be a success as soon as possible.

This girl sells her vintage inspired, painted science posters.  And I like them.  When I saw that, I thought, if I could just paint a few great things and make prints, slap some rustic wood on the ends and sell it for $70!  Then I could afford to heal Lola's cavities with $48 bottles of cod liver oil!  I guess these are the things that keep me awake at night. :/

My paint teacher and I are becoming better friends.  She has stopped asking me to pose nude, so that makes me more comfortable.  Haha.  She's really sweet. :)

Well, it's time for me to make some apple tarts for ready-made breakfasts.

No comments: