Thursday, April 5, 2012

I follow Amber at The Run Amuck, and she recently posted something that really hits home.  She talks about how "shame erases hope."
I know lots of moms close the day feeling like a failure.
I gave my kids food with red dye 40 in it.
I turned on a movie when I was overwhelmed...for the 3rd time in one day.
Kids are constipated because I was lazy about giving them healthier snacks.
My daughter's heart is hard and maybe it's my fault.
I make coffee my savior.
I ran out of patience with the girls and didn't lead us back to our need for Jesus.
And I don't lay those things down.  I just keep them and lose hope because the weight of all these things I need to fix and do better is too much.
She talks about that and it's encouraging.
So, go see her.

No comments: