Family came for the 4th and we pretty much had a 4 day party. What sweet times those are. There's nothing more awesome than getting a text from Shannon before I've even made my coffee and she says she's coming from her yoga class to my house. So I make coffee for her too and we pickup birthday donuts for Kate. And it just feels like Christmas cause the people you love are all there and you share lots of food and conversation. And my crazy brother Zach surprised us all by flying in from NY and running/hitchhiking from the airport to my parents house. I wish I could have seen my mom dancing and crying when he came in. So, that was a wonderful week.
The next week was a bit slower so I had time to low-light my highlighted hair. I'm on the journey back to my original color. I think it's time.
Then we had our Trinity small group to the lake house for the weekend. 10 kids and 8 adults. That was loads of fun. I hate fast, scary things and I entrusted my life to the boat driver pulling me on a tube. He didn't throw me, but I did get tagged in a lovely picture on Facebook where I'm fake crying just anticipating my ride. I'm just weird and sometimes it gets captured.
We came home from that, had a busy Sunday, and jumped right in to VBS! I'm a tribe leader and I love my tribe.
We took a short trip to Kansas because of the passing of Nathan's Grandpa. It was very good to see all the family, hug Grandma's neck and remember how ornery Gramps was. He passed 5 days before his 95th birthday. Please be praying for sweet Virginia. They were married for 72 years.
Next up is a business trip to London. Then our trip to Maryland (Kate calls it Merry Land - she must envision such a wonderful place :)). We're driving. We will survive.
After that, we swim as much as we can before school starts. Bla.
No comments:
Post a Comment