I'ma hurtin'. I've taken up running now that I just have one strollered child. She loves stroller rides. She just sits and makes her goldfish talk to each other.
I love working out in the morning, outside, while it's cool, and then not having to work out during nap time. !!yah!!
However, my bunion is hurting. My foot bones are cracking. I don't even have proper running shoes. Cause when the New Balance guy asked me what I'd be doing in my shoes, I specifically told him, "You know, Jillian Michaels, jumping around, planking." So these are jumping around, planking shoes I have.
Also, I'm trying to do more make-ahead good breakfasts. Cereal stinks. And the girls need something to hold them through their no-snacking day. So far I've made peanut butter breakfast cookies, which are no flour, oat bran based with a few dark chocolate chips in them. They're really good, filling, and low sugar. I pinned them if you want to go find the recipe (And actually the recipe called for oat flour, but all I had was oat bran and it worked great). Now I'm making some whole-wheat, blueberry waffles to store in the freezer so we can just toast them when we need them.
I'm also trying to be the mom that has exciting snack for when they get home from school. When we come in the door, they sometimes collapse in the floor and writhe in hunger. They say that their brain almost exploded in school and that they only had 20 minutes to eat their lunch. So they're pretty hungry and tired. We like to sit and munch and chill and just catch up before we have to start digging into their school folders for homework. So painful. I figure a relaxing snack time is a pretty exciting time in their life these days.
Yesterday I had left over strawberry syrup so they dipped graham crackers in that. They were so happy.
Strawberry Syrup Recipe:
The syrup is wonderful and much less sugary than traditional bottled syrup. I take a big mixing glass bowl full of frozen sliced strawberries, sprinkle a tablespoon or two or thee of corn starch on them, pour on a cup or two of water, and 4 to 5 tablespoons of sugar, more or less, depending on how sweet you want it. I microwave it 3 minutes at a time, stirring in-between until the cloudiness of the cornstarch is gone and it is thickened (around 15 minutes total). It will be super hot, almost boiling. You can also do this with orange juice to have an orange syrup.
Nathan's mom passed those on to me. We love it.
2 comments:
That syrup sounds like it would be a big hit at my house. We'll have to try it. Um, please go to Fleet Feet and get some Brooks or Sauconys (whatever). Your poor feet will thank you ;)
That sounds yummy! I'll have to try that and make some bran breakfast thing to eat with it.
Post a Comment