Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sister Shannon posted 2,000 things you can do with coconut oil on Facebook.  One of them changed my coffee drinking life.
So, I pushed my strong 8 o'clock French Roast through my Aero Press and then poured it into our blender.  Then I put in 1 Tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp of cocoa powder, and a squeeze of honey.  Blend it.  It's frothy, creamy, and slightly oily. :)  It reminds me of a Mounds candy bar.  My favorite.  I'm doing this forever!  Thanks Shannon.

School's out!  Claire up and made some pancakes while we laid in bed late this morning.  She poured them into heart cookie cutters and gave us a very special breakfast.  

I'm going to bake some cornbread for stuffing today, and other such things, along with cleaning the bathrooms.

Yesterday, I said "No" to 2 people (that weren't my kids).  One of them said, "ouch" back to me.  It was hard, but I felt free afterward.  I had initially said "yes" because I feel bad saying "no" to people's faces.  I want them to smile at me and be happy with me.  Anyway, sometimes you just have to stop living with low-grade anxiety over all the things you say "yes" to, and just say "no".

It's going to be a good weekend!

2 comments:

A. said...

it's weird to me that claire is big enough to cook anything. i'm always surprised that she isn't 3 anymore. have an awesome break!
-alisha

Shannon Wheeler said...

I can't even make pancakes.

Amen. Say no sometimes. And please make note whether this version of coffee is more acidic to you. It could just be acid reflux (mm, bacon a second time)but Tyler thought it tasted more acidic too. I was hooked for a week, but now I think I just don't need coffee every day. For now...